The post Crypto.com Exchange Review: Is it worth using in 2023? appeared first on Coinpedia Fintech News
In a race to get the best out of the crypto world, everyone is in a search of safe, user-friendly cryptocurrency exchange. Which one to choose out of the plethora of exchanges on the internet? Today let us review crypto.com. In this crypto.com exchange review, we will analyze the pros, cons, features, app, and the overall rating
|Official Web Address||https://crypto.com/|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Founder||Kris Marszaelk, Rafael Melo, Bobby Bao, Gary|
|Trading Options||Spot, Derivatives, Margin, OTC, Warrants|
|Trading fees||0.00-0.075% Maker Fee, 0.05 – 0.075% Taker Fee|
|Native Token||Cronos (CRO)|
|Deposit methods||ACH bank Transfer, Bank wire transfer, Google Pay, Apple Pay|
|Deposit fees||No deposit fees|
|Withdrawal methods||ACH bank transfer, Bank wire transfer|
|Withdrawal fees||Varies from crypto-to-crypto|
|Supported Fiat currencies||20+|
|Mobile App||Crypto.com App on Google & Apple Play store|
What Is Crypto.com?
Crypto.com is a centralized cryptocurrency exchange that was founded in 2016 by a group of founders – Kris Marszalek, Rafael Melo, Bobby Bao & Gary with a vision of ‘cryptocurrency in every wallet’. Initially, the company name was Monaco. But in 2018 they rebranded as crypto.com after purchasing the domain from a cryptography professor.
So what can you do on crypto.com?
- Buy, sell and trade 270+ cryptocurrencies
- Stake and earn up to 14.50% interest
- Buy, sell and showcase NFT on its NFT Marketplace
- Get a loan/ credit with a lenient payback period
- Customized debit cards for shopping
Crypto.com has its own native coin ‘Cronos’ (CRO). The best part is that if you are buying Cronos and staking it, you will get more rewards and an additional discount on the trading fee. In addition, they offer a wide variety of reward programs and benefits for their customers. You can explore it in the features section
As of now, Crypto.com has 70 million active users across 90 countries and 2.5 million followers on Twitter.
Features of Crypto.com
- Crypto.com App – A mobile app for trading cryptocurrencies with more than 20 supported fiat currencies enabling you to trade anytime, anywhere you want.
- Crypto.com NFT Marketplace – It is an exclusive NFT Market place where you can buy, sell and showcase NFT collections.
- Crypto.com VISA Cards – An exclusive debit card that has no annual fees and can use fiat/ cryptocurrency to top up the card. The best part is you will be paid in cryptocurrency [CRO] on every successful purchase
- Crypto Earn – A deposit scheme where you can earn up to 14.5% for holding your cryptos in your wallet depending on the flexible/ fixed time period.
- Crypto Credit – Now you can borrow up to 50% of the collateral in your wallet with an 8% p.a interest rate. What do you have to do? Simply deposit cryptocurrencies, get 50% of the collateral as a loan directly credited to your wallet, and pay it back whenever you want.
- Exchange Home – The available trading options include – spot, margin, and derivatives trading. You can get 10x leverage for margin trading. The best part is you can buy newly listed tokens with a 50% discount
- Trading fee – The maker & Taker fee is 0.0750%. For high-volume traders and market makers, the maker fee is zero, and the taker fee can go as low as 0.02%.
- Crypto.com DeFi Wallets – It is a non-custodial wallet where you have full control of your private keys. More than that it is a one-stop destination to access all DeFi services available in the market. It is available as a Mobile and Desktop App
- University – A learning section where beginners and advanced traders can be enlightened about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, etc. Moreover, the learning section provides industry-leading insights on cryptocurrency product news, trending stories, events, NFT, market updates, etc.
Cryptocurrencies Available on Crypto.com
It offers more than 270+ cryptocurrencies on its platform. Crypto.com has its own native coin – CRONOS (CRO). If you stake CRO, you can earn up to 14.50% interest rates and also discounted trading fees and rewards in crypto.com debit cards.
Some of the fast-moving cryptocurrencies are
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Tether (USDT)
- BNB (BNB)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Binance USD (BUSD)
- XRP (XRP)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Cardano (ADA)
- Polygon (MATIC)
- Polkadot (DOT)
- Dai (DAI)
For a full list of cryptocurrencies on crypto.com, click here
How to Set Up an Account on Crypto.com?
You can set up an account using the Crypto.com website or Mobile App. Make sure you have Govt issued photo id with you and also, you must at least 18 years old to start an account.
Let us explore the steps to register your account
- Visit crypto.com and click [Sign Up]
- Provide necessary details full legal name, date of birth, nationality & email address
- Verify your email with OTP.
- Create a secured password for the exchange and click submit.
- Verify your phone number with an SMS verification code
- Verify your identity in the account verification process by uploading a Govt issued photo ID and a selfie
- Once the crypto.com team verifies it, you can have full access to exchange features.
How to Buy Cryptocurrency on Crypto.com?
There are numerous ways to buy cryptocurrency using crypto.com. It includes bank transfers, credit/ debit cards, crypto-to-crypto transfers, etc.
Let us explore how to buy cryptocurrency using a credit/ debit card.
- Tap [buy] and select the crypto you want to purchase.
- Add your credit/ debit card by entering card details like name, expiry, and CVV
- To verify the card, a small amount of $0.10 SGD will be temporarily held for up to 7 days and will be refunded. Confirm this transaction in order to complete the process.
- Once complete, come to the accounts page. Tap the [buy] button, enter the desired amounts & select credit/ debit card as the source of funds
- Confirm the transaction with your passcode/ fingerprint and the transaction will be processed.
How to Sell Cryptocurrency on Crypto.com?
Crypto.com users can withdraw USD from the App by selling crypto to their USD fiat wallet and transferring USD funds from this wallet to their U.S. bank account(s) on the ACH network.
How to sell Crypto to Fiat?
- Open the Crypto.com app
- Tap on “Accounts”
- Select “Fiat Wallet”
- Select “Sell Crypto”
- Select the cryptocurrency you’d like to convert to Fiat.
- Select the ‘Cash’ option.
- On the Sell screen, you can enter the amount you wish to convert. (If you tap on the field where you enter the amount, the app will suggest the maximum amount you can sell.)
- You will see a confirmation window showing the actual current value of the coin in fiat money for 15 seconds. Please pay attention to that window as it shows the amount of fiat money you are getting for the coin at that time.
How to Deposit Cryptocurrency on Crypto.com?
Crypto.com does not support all tokens. Check here for the complete list of supported tokens on crypto.com
Let us explore the steps to deposit crypto on crypto.com
- Tap on the “Transfer” button > “Deposit” > “Crypto”
- Select the cryptocurrency you want to deposit
- A pop-up will appear with your deposit address and its QR code.
- Copy and paste the address to your crypto wallet (or scan the QR code) as the receiving address (you can also send it to yourself or your friends by tapping the Share button).
- Select the amount of crypto you want to deposit and submit/broadcast the transaction. Remember that to transfer ERC-20 tokens, you will need to have some ETH in your wallet to pay the transaction fees.
Once the transaction is on the blockchain, it will take the following number of confirmations for the deposit to appear in your Crypto.com App
When it does, you will receive an email notification about the successful deposit.
How to Withdraw Cryptocurrency From Crypto.com?
2FA is required for cryptocurrency withdrawals.
- Open the Crypto.com App and go to “Accounts”
- Open your Crypto Wallet
- Press the “Transfer” button
- Press “Withdrawal”
- Select “External wallet”
- Locate and select the whitelisted wallet address.
- Enter your passcode or confirm using a biometric ID.
- Enter the 2FA authentication code generated by your authenticator app.
- Tap on ‘send’ to receive an SMS message containing the mobile verification code. (the code will be valid for 5 minutes)
- Enter the mobile verification code.
- Enter the amount and press “Withdraw”
Wait for the withdrawal to be processed. 24-48 hours to process a withdrawal.
Fees And Supported Payment Types
Trading fee is one crucial criterion every investor looks for when selecting the best exchange for trading needs. Crypto.com has understood this and has reflected this in its volume-based trading program.
However, for a new/ regular trader, the maker and taker fee is 0.0750% if their trading volume is ≤ 250,000 (USD) for both spot and margin trading. But, if the user opts for any of the below-mentioned trading programs, their trading fee is significantly reduced. The maker fee becomes 0.00% irrespective of the trading volume. However, the taker fee varies depending on the 30-day trading volume.
Crypto.com provides two unique trading fee programs for traders
- VIP Programme
- Market Maker Programme
In this program, the users are ranked based on their trading volume. VIP Tier 1 is the lowest and VIP Tier 2 is the highest. The VIP program can be applied for both spot trading and derivatives trading.
Other perks include – dedicated 24/7 account support, robust API connectivity, a secured private link for increased stability, and early access to research reports by the crypto.com research & insight team.
You can find the trading fee depending on the trading volume in the below table
VIP Programme – Spot Trading & Derivatives Trading Fees
|VIP Tier||30-Day Spot/ Derivatives Trading Volume (USD)||Spot Trading – Maker Fee||Spot Trading-Taker Fee||Derivatives – Maker Fee||Derivatives – Taker Fee|
|VIP 1||≥ 0.10%||0.00%||0.040%||0.00%||0.024%|
|VIP 2||≥ 0.25%||0.00%||0.035%||0.00%||0.022%|
|VIP 3||≥ 0.50%||0.00%||0.031%||0.00%||0.020%|
|VIP 4||≥ 1.00%||0.00%||0.028%||0.00%||0.018%|
|VIP 5||≥ 2.00%||0.00%||0.025%||0.00%||0.015%|
Market Maker Programme
An exclusive program for institutional traders who provides liquidity to the exchange. They get bespoke maker fee rebates and taker fees as low as 0.020%. Other perks include 24/7 account support, the virtual private link for increased security, etc
Crypto.com accepts bank ACH transfers, wire transfers, and Bank credit/ debit cards as supported payment methods. There is no deposit charge however there is a minimum withdrawal amount and fees which varies from cryptocurrency to cryptocurrency.
Click here to view the complete list of minimum withdrawal amounts and fees
Fees at a glance
|Cryptocurrency & Fiat Deposit Fee||Free|
|Cryptocurrency Withdrawal Fee||Depends on Cryptocurrency|
|Fiat Currency withdrawal Fees||$25 USD|
In the case of bank transfers, the daily limit is given below. Institutional clients enjoy a free withdrawal fee
|Minimum||$500 USD||$500 USD|
|Minimum||$500 USD||$500 USD|
|Daily Maximum||$1,000,000 USD||$10,000,000|
Referral Commission & Other Services
Crypto.com offers you an irresistible Referral Programme where you can earn up to $2000 (in CRO) for every friend you refer. More than that you can get a 50% commission on their trading fees for 12 months. There are no referral limits and bonuses are credited instantly.
Eligibility requirements for referee
Successfully verified their KYC at the advanced level
Completed their first CRO stake* on the Crypto.com Exchange
Eligibility requirement for referrer
Successfully verified their KYC at the advanced level
Staked at least 1000 CRO on the crypto.com exchange
Please note that this referral program does not count cross-platform entries. Eg:- As a Crypto.com website-only user, the referral code will not be valid for app sign-ups and vice versa. So to be on the safer side referrer must have an account on the same platform as his/ her referrals.
Crypto.com App has a simple user interface where a user can find his portfolio, major assets, market trends & charts in one place. The app is available both on Google and Apple play store. A new user will get an incentive to purchase cryptos using a credit/ debit card without fees for the first seven days on Crypto.com App.
The app features an In-App University where new users as well as experts can learn more about cryptocurrency, blockchain & everything about the crypto world. A learner may opt for a reward program where he/she achieves ‘Diamonds’/reward points for the completion of the final test. These reward points can be used to redeem mystery boxes that hold a certain amount of cryptos.
Crypto.com has a help section on its website from where customers can find common troubleshooting problems and FAQs. In case you can’t find the query, you can click on the chat section where bot chat will reply to your queries. Crypto.com does not have a customer support agent via call.
Crypto.com offers a wide variety of digital assets and gives more benefits to Cronos Buyers. If you are a market maker/high-volume trader/ stakes Cronos, you can become a rockstar on this platform. The rewards and bonuses are plenty for such users. Moreover, the referral program is good for a decent passive income opportunity.
The only downside is for users who do not want to invest much in Cronos.
Is crypto.com Safe?
Yes, crypto.com is one of the leading complaint cryptocurrency exchanges that is committed to security first. 100% of the cryptocurrency is stored offline and fiat funds are in bank custody. It has got multi-factor authentication for login and transfer of cryptos.
Are my funds in the Crypto.com App insured?
Yes, Crypto.com has secured a US $100M direct insurance policy led by Arch Underwriting at Lloyd’s Syndicate 2012. This is the largest coverage that Crypto.com has secured for its cold storage assets on custodial partner Ledger Vault.
Does Crypto.com hold private keys to cryptocurrency wallets?
Yes, as of now, Crypto.com hold private keys to ensure easier account recovery. Crypto.com assures their user that their data and assets are extremely safe with them as it is in the best cold storage and highest insurance coverage