Bitcoin’s daily trading volumes have crossed a record $75 billion as of writing this article. Moreover, on-chain data provider Santiment notes that the BTC rally has been extremely painful for BTC pairs over the last 10 months. Interestingly, the average trader returns have never been this high since June 2019.
📈 For those expecting a #Bitcoin correction to kick off 2021, the $34,000 #AllTimeHigh achieved 10 mins ago is showing how painful it’s been being a $BTC bear the past 10 months. Avg. trader returns haven’t been this high across the board since June 2019. https://t.co/NADisu58A0 pic.twitter.com/J9ujHfYisP
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) January 3, 2021
Interestingly, crypto analyst Willy Woo also notes that the recent buying activity has been largely supported by buying calls coming from spot exchanges. Moreover, he adds that the USDC inflows have been massive to support the buying. As CoinGape reported, there have been massive stablecoin deposits at the exchanges in the last two days. “We weren’t even close to being overheated at 29k”, Woo adds.
USDC inflows to support that buying, also off the charts.
We weren’t even close to being overheated at 29k.
— Willy Woo (@woonomic) January 2, 2021
The Bitcoin (BTC) exchange outflows also continue further at a rapid rate. Meaning the Bitcoin (BTC) supply at the exchanges is also drying up faster than expected. Additionally, the recent institutional buying has also forced the BTC whales to make fewer deposits at the exchanges and reconsider any kind of profit booking at the moment. The below graph from Galssnode clearly shows that the BTC balance on exchanges has been constantly dropping over the last year.
The Bitcoin liquidity crisis is getting real with every passing day. Also, a recent study from Glassnode states that only 22% of the BTC supply i.e. 4.2M is currently under circulation. The remaining 78% of the Bitcoin supply is illiquid.
Apart from just the price and the BTC supply, the cryptocurrency is hitting new milestones on multiple fronts. On Saturday, January 2, Bitcoin network hash-rate hit its new all-time high of 136 exahash/s.
ATH: December’s hash rate (136 exahash / s) was the highest in #Bitcoin‘s history so far 📈
— glassnode (@glassnode) January 1, 2021
Also, the Bitcoin futures open interest has hit an all-time high as per Skew analytics.
— skew (@skewdotcom) January 2, 2021
The post Bitcoin (BTC) At $34,000, Average Trader Returns At Historic High Levels appeared first on Coingape.