Waverly Labs breaks the language barrier at the speed of conversation with the introduction of Ambassador, the world’s most sophisticated interpreter device
Brooklyn, NY. – May 21, 2019 – Today, Waverly Labs, pioneers of smart earpiece translators, introduces Ambassador, its most sophisticated interpretation device to date. A powerful, shareable tool that is compatible with 20 languages and 42 dialects, Ambassador provides accurate translations that can be delivered via over-the-ear audio, text on a smart app, and for the first time, can be broadcasted live in a conference environment.
Ambassador is available today on pre-order at Indiegogo for the early bird price of $99. It is a sleek device worn over-the-ear that offers prosumers a highly accurate and natural interpretation experience. It follows the introduction of Pilot, Waverly Labs’ first consumer device that created the hearable translator category, which generated over $5 million during pre-sales and has now shipped almost 40,000 units worldwide.
“To meet the needs of users who have long-multi-person conversations as well as those requiring a solution for shorter one-off interactions, we had to create a device that is highly accurate, can be quickly and easily set up, and can be shared in a safe and hygienic way,” explained Andrew Ochoa, CEO and Founder of Waverly Labs. “After 18 months of development and feedback from our Pilot customers, we are thrilled to announce Ambassador as the most advanced professional speech translation device on the market.”
Fast, Fluid and Fluent
While translation apps and handheld devices are able to handle short, occasional translations, they are not ideal for ongoing fluid conversations with people conversing in a natural and unimpaired way. Ambassador is a sophisticated high-grade translation tool that addresses this unmet need.
It uses an advanced far-field microphone array combined with speech recognition neural networks to capture speech with astounding levels of clarity. It then seamlessly processes speech with cloud-based machine translation engines to deliver, fast, fluid and highly accurate translations. Its three modes offer personal, group and one-on-one translations:
- Listen mode: In this mode, Ambassador provides seamless personal translations. It actively listens for someone speaking in the selected language taking place around it (within 2.5 meters/8 feet) and will automatically translate to the user in their native language. Translations are delivered audibly within the device and/or as text with the accompanying app.
- Lecture mode: In this mode, Ambassador will broadcast the words of a speaker wearing the device to multiple people in a lecture, conference or group setting. Once selected, Ambassador will capture the speech of the user and stream audio translations to their smartphone, which can be played over its loudspeaker or paired to any audio system.
- Converse mode: This mode allows users to engage in two way communications while each is wearing an Ambassador device (sold in pairs). Each user sets the languages they want to detect and receive, and they can configure their Ambassador experience using their own smartphone or share a device in guest mode. In this configuration, people can partake in fluid natural conversations with up to four participants, as multiple Ambassador units can be paired with a single smartphone.
A Shareable Versatile Tool
Ambassador is extremely easy-to-use and can be set up in moments. To begin, users pair their Ambassador devices to their smartphone using its iOS and Android app. The intuitive app also allows users to select and switch between the languages they wish to detect and interpret, which can be changed in seconds.
The speed of control and hygienic, over-the-ear-design of Ambassador combined with the fact that multiple Ambassador units can be paired with one smartphone, makes it easily shareable and adaptable to a wide range of uses and industry sectors:
- Professional/Industrial: As Ambassador is designed for fluid, long conversations between multiple people, it is a powerful business tool that can be used across a range of functions such as training/teaching, lectures/conferences and international team meetings, as well as a multitude of sectors including, hospitality, tourism, legal, healthcare, law enforcement, security and emergency/rescue services.
- Friends and Family: As the world becomes more multicultural, generations within a family can have different levels of language fluency. Ambassador bridges any such language barriers at family gatherings, holidays or visits from the in-laws.
- Traveling: Whether asking for directions or a restaurant recommendation, Ambassador makes shorter interactions while traveling for work or pleasure an easy conversational experience.
Availability and Technical Specifications
Sold in packs of two, Ambassador boasts the following features and capabilities:
- Audio and text translations offered for over 20 languages and 42 dialects: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Greek, Russian, Hindi, Turkish, Polish, Chinese Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Hebrew, Thai, Vietnamese and Dutch
- Three translations modes: Listen/Lecture/Converse
- Design: Large over-the-ear shell form-factor allows units to be easily and hygienically shared between users
- Large microphone array: Two mics work in tandem to capture speech up to 2.5 meters away
- Multiple sync options: Up to four Ambassador units may be paired with one smartphone
- Battery life: Up to six hours
- Colors: Black & Wine Red
- Continuous listening, as well as push-to-talk/listen settings
- Compatible with free iOS and Android app
Ambassador is available for pre-order today on Indiegogo at the early bird price of $99. It will begin shipping in November 2019 with retail prices starting at $149. For more information, please visit: www.waverlylabs.com
About Waverly Labs, Inc.
Founded in 2014, Waverly Labs is a Brooklyn-based, innovative consumer products company focusing on the convergence of wearable technology and speech translation. Its first product, Pilot, launched in 2016 and established the hearable translation category with earbuds that could be used for translation, as well as to listen to music and make and receive calls.
The post Universal Translators Become One Step Closer With Smart Ear Device appeared first on ValueWalk.