Ethereum Classic [ETC] today announced its collaboration with Zeniex, a cryptocurrency exchange established by a group of financial and security experts from South Korea and China. Through the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Ethereum Classic Cooperative [ECC] and Zeniex, they aim to intensify the ETC environment in cooperation with Ethereum Classic Asia Community.
ETC will levy no commission fee at Zeniex until September 30th, 2018. ETC had seen a growth in its $4,509 million market cap on the January 14th, 2018. However, it later had a downfall. Currently, Ethereum Classic’s market cap stands at $1,528 million with the price of $14.98 and has seen a fall of 2.44% in the past 24 hours.
The ETC project counts the building of a larger team as one of the milestones achieved in 2017:
“The main accomplishment was that the team was established, that was a very challenging task, with very limited funding, under constant pressure from all sides and toxic environment, but by end of the year we grew up to 8 full time members in the ETCDEV team. The team got established development processes, working full time on core ETC projects, and will continue to grow.”
Milestones of Ethereum classic:
- On October 25th, 2016, after being renamed as Ethereum classic, they repriced some operations to prevent Dos attacks [denial-of-service attack].
- On January 14th, 2017, they delayed the ‘difficulty bomb’ which was originally intended to force the network to move from pow [proof-of-work] to pos [proof-of-stake] and added replay protection to prevent transactions on the Ethereum network being accepted on the Ethereum Classic chain.
ETC aims to work on the following in 2018:
- Emerald Wallet for Mobile
- Release Dapp SDK [Emerald Project]
- Enable new opcodes from ETH [compatibility]
- IPFS integration
- SputnikVM optimizations and JIT Compilation
- New improved statedb layer
Looking at its future ETC said:
“At the core of our sidechains is SputnikVM which can run smart contracts anywhere… You can do this today. Not at some nebulous time in the future”.
The post Constructive future for Ethereum Classic [ETC] with Zeniex appeared first on AMBCrypto.