I could care less what bitcoin trades for, how it trades, why it trades, who trades it. If you’re stupid enough to buy it, you’ll pay the price for it one day.
This is what JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon had to say about Bitcoin a short two months ago. Of course, he’s never been a lover of Bitcoin. In 2014 he called it a terrible store of value. At the time, he was right. That was after the big bubble and subsequent crash, spurred lower by the brilliant flame-out of the amateurishly run MT Gox.
Fast forward to today, though, and as a speculative investment, Bitcoin has been great – and has been gaining momentum. Even Dimon has noticed this. Reportedly, JP Morgan is actively looking into how to capitalize on Bitcoin’s success.
Dimon is right to denigrate Bitcoin, and also right to look for ways to get into it. He knows that it and all the other cryptocurrencies are gearing up to eat his lunch. One of the great promises of cryptocurrencies is that they will take the power of money back from the banks and put it back in the hands of the people. Everything from saving and sending money to investments and speculation will no longer need a middleman getting fat off you and me for doing little more than moving a number from one column to another.
JP Morgan and other Wall Street powerhouses are starting to get nervous. This is the blockchain revolution – and this revolution is opening opportunities for people and companies to shake the world.
Trade.io is one such company.
Based in Zug, Switzerland, Trade.io is seeking to create a brand-new peer-to-peer trading platform founded on an immutable blockchain. By using their system, investors will be able to issue and trade stocks, bonds, and equities directly over a distributed network with all transactions finalized in a fully-transparent blockchain.
Liquidity Pool Powered by the Trade.io TradeToken
The way that Trade.io means to create this near-frictionless trading system is though by establishing a liquidity pool. They’ve created their own crypto-token, TradeToken, which is currently in the midst of a pre-launch sale, that will allow users to hold and exchange assets, including stocks, bonds, currencies, and even commodities, across the network. All transactions will be recorded on an immutable blockchain (built on the Ethereum smart-contract network) and will be fully transparent. This means all assets and contracts will be moved out of the books of the brokers and become purely protocol driven – a huge boon to the average investor. Further, those who hold higher levels of the token will get dividends from the profits garnered from the system.
The TradeToken will be transferrable, saleable, and convertible for fiat or cryptocurrencies at any time.
Though still in development, Trade.io already has a strong partner, FXPrimus, and established traditional exchange that will give them the connections and support they will need to get securely off the ground. Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Cyprus, FXPrimus has gotten very high praise from ForexFraud.com. Further, the relationship gives them access to a suite advanced trading technologies.
Though in early stages, Trade.io plans on obtaining all appropriate licenses and will be establishing banking relationships in Switzerland to ensure smooth operations and seamless interaction between fiat and cryptocurrency/tokens.
Key Benefits of Trade.io
- Trade.io transactions will be fully transparent and immutable as they will be recorded on a fully auditable blockchain.
- The liquidity pool will allow for multiple revenue streams, including margin financing and transactional proceeds.
- Trade.io will have investment banking services available, allowing for the raising of funds on the Trade.io exchange.
- Those participating in the liquidity pool will have daily dividends paid out in either fiat or cryptocurrency.
- Trade.io has built an experienced team of professionals from the fintech, investment banking, and blockchain fields to make sure they have to the talent on hand to meet any challenge and take advantage of any opportunity that arises.
How to Get Started
If you are interested in participating before the official launch, here is a step-by-step guide:
- You will need the cryptocurrency Ether to get started. If you don’t already have any, you can purchase some from Coinbase, BitStamp, or any of a number of world-wide exchanges.
- Once you have Ether, it is wise to send to a wallet on your own computer rather than transacting directly from an exchange. MyEtherWallet is a multipurpose wallet that is easy to set up and use – but any wallet that supports Ether wil do.
- Register at Trade.io. After confirming, Trade.io will send instructions about how to proceed. Note, though that unfortunately residents of the US and China, nor US citizens are currently eligible to participate.
After the last big financial disaster of 2007, Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin knew that it is necessary to return the power of money to the people. Trade.io is in the process of taking that vision one step further. Join the future of investments with Trade.io.