Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
W. B. Yeats
The inspiration to start Bitcoin Warrior was born out of my frustration with the corruption in the financial and political systems in America. Particularly in the wake of the financial meltdown of 2009 and the nearly complete failure of the government to prosecute or regulate those responsible, I have come to believe that we the people need to take matters back into our own hands.
After years of feeling frustrated and helpless, I became aware of Bitcoin and at once began to think that there was hope for the financial future of my family, the political future of the country, and the future of the world. of course, I don’t think that Bitcoin is any kind of panacea, but it is an instrument of disruption which will give back to the people the ability to control their own finances without the need of banks or governments. There will be a role for banks and a necessary role for governments, but anything that lets people take more control of their own destiny, I believe to be a good thing.
Seemingly quicker than expected, Bitcoin is gaining strength and momentum. By the time the government and banks get around to trying to “deal” with Bitcoin in a serious way, it may already have become an unstoppable force. There are scammers, thieves, regulatory worries, and many other things to worry about with Bitcoin, but in the long run, these concerns are likely to find solutions as some of the best and brightest around the planet are attracted to the possibilities here.
I am increasingly convinced that Bitcoin is going to succeed as a currency and a commodity. What its final use will be, a world currency to which national currencies are pegged, and invisible wealth transfer system used by banks and individuals alike to replace the antiquated ACH system, or something else, is not clear. But whatever it becomes, it is going to be disruptive to how things are being done right now. If the best of us have conviction and try to make that disruption a positive thing, then maybe there is hope for my children after all.
Bitcoin Warrior has a number of objectives:
- To be a source of Bitcoin related news and analysis of events in and out of the Bitcoin community.
- To provide educational materials to new users, allowing them to gain easy access to Bitcoin.
- To be a source of financial news that impacts Bitcoin or highlights the reasons that people should consider using it.
- To profile brick-and-mortar businesses that accept Bitcoin and demonstrate its real world utility and value.
- To profile and review online Bitcoin services to inform the Bitcoin community of how to make the best use of their bitcoins.
- To profile and promote worthwhile charities or other worthwhile organizations that accept Bitcoin donations.
- To profile scams and frauds to allow people to assess their risks and find the best way to keep their investments safe.
- To provide comfort to the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
- To do well by doing good.
The Future of Bitcoin Warrior:
Currently, Bitcoin Warrior is mostly a one-man-show with occasional help from friends and advisors. I am slowly adding content and features. It is our intention to grow and to become an established, respected presence in the Bitcoin community. If you would like to assist or join us in this mission, please be in touch — we would love to hear from you!
About Bitcoin Warrior:
Bitcoin Warrior is an American citizen who lives in Tokyo, Japan with his wife and two children. By day, he works in the educational field. You can contact the Bitcoin Warrior using the form below. Your thoughts, comments, ideas, and suggestions are always deeply appreciated.